NATIONAL GALLERY IN BULAWAYO
2019 RESIDENCY AND EXHIBITION PROPOSAL CALL
The National Gallery of Zimbabwe is inviting artists wishing to present new ideas and projects in the context of the Bulawayo gallery space and emerging independent curators committed to developing their professional practice ca now to submit proposals for exhibitions and visiting –Artists in Residency for the 2019. The call is open to local and international artists interested in the residency, solo or collaborative exhibitions.
1. Artists must submit proposals for the presentation of their own (solo or collaborative) work.
2. For collaborations, artists must confirm interest/availability before they submit the proposal.
3. Artists who have previously exhibited at the NGB in the past 3 years will not be eligible for the 2018 call, but can apply for 2020 onwards.
While we accept submissions based on all sorts of ideas, in 2019 we remain committed to exhibiting:
1) The work of emerging and under-represented artists, particularly those in the SADC region
2) Work that contributes to the ongoing dialogue about contemporary art practices.
3) Projects that push artistic practice in new and interesting directions.
4) Topics and styles not well represented by private or commercial spaces or otherwise difficult to show elsewhere.
5) The work of artists previously exhibited anywhere outside Zimbabwe or itinerant exhibitions.
6) Projects that take in account our limited gallery space, thoughtful and orderly installations that respect the “breathing space” of each artwork tend to work better in our gallery.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: The above are just guidelines, so don’t worry if your exhibition/ project doesn’t satisfy everything listed; however, they are rules.
Read the complete guidelines for project submission here.