From August to December 2023 PACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance, media art and science. Residencies are planned individually and include a working space and local accommodation as well as financial support in the form of a weekly grant allowance and travel costs. By arrangement and subject to requirement, PACT Zollverein also offers its residents technical support. In keeping with its unique structure, PACT Zollverein sees itself as a place of encounter and exchange and, together with all its contributors, welcomes the readiness of others to share their own work processes in open and freely definable forms.
Residences are awarded twice a year by an international jury. A residency project will not have a public showing.
A residency incorporates the following
- Studio space (from 69 to 173 sq. m.)
- Local accommodation (max. 4 people)
- Period of 3 – 6 weeks (at a stretch)
- Weekly grant allowance for all of the residency project participants (max. 4 people)
- Travel costs covering one journey only per participant to and from PACT Zollverein (max. 4 people)*
- Technical equipment (by arrangement and subject to availability)
- Professional technical support (by arrangement and subject to availability)
*Principally, the least environmentally harmful means of transport available should be chosen.
PACT is pleased to facilitate barrier-free and family-friendly residences by arrangement.
Possible working fields of a residency
- Dance / Choreography
- Media art / installation
- Video art / Film
- Music/ sound art
- Urban Research
Please find the full open call here.