Since 2014, the Catalyst Grant has been an important part of TEOR/éTica’s grants and support program. It aims to propel organizations and artistic collectives that play an key role in the transformation of the cultural landscape of the Central American and Caribbean region, both locally and internationally. Supporting smaller scale, non-formal, or non-institutionalized initiatives is a way of building an artistic ecology capable of responding to needs in a faster, more coherent, and experimental way.
We wish to recognize and contribute to artistic and cultural initiatives that operate in contexts with economic, social, and political difficulties. We also aim to spotlight the significance of how these projects build community and activate ways of thinking critically about the present through art.
Who can apply:
Organizations and independent collectives from Central America and the Caribbean archipelago (this DOES NOT include Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico) that are: building community through contemporary visual arts (DOES NOT include: cinema, theater, dance, or literature), fostering the connection between art and activism, and having an impact on the public sphere, through their commitment to take art as a common space to connect people and address urgent social issues.
Endowment of the Scholarship:
USD $3000 for each organization and/or collective selected.
– The organization and/or collective must be based in Central America and/or the Caribbean archipelago (this DOES NOT INCLUDE Colombia, Venezuela, and Mexico).
– The organization and/or collective has to have at least two years of existence.
– Present documents that give evidence of the existence of the organization/collective for at least two years.
– Priority will be given to those organizations and groups that have not benefited from this same scholarship in the last two years.
– Visual arts organizations and/or collectives must submit an administrative report and a brief narrative description of the use of the scholarship by the first week of July 2022.